Reflection on teaching

 As a part of two year B.Ed curriculum, there was teaching practice section. Unfortunately as there was no respite from novel corona virus, we were asked to do teaching practice in two sections - third semester and fourth semester. 

    In fourth semester, we were asked to teach 10 online class and 10 peer class. I get an opportunity to take class 9C at Marthoma girls high school, Kottarakkara. I selected the unit 'Pairs of equation' and teach them. Also conduct diagnostic rest and achievement test. The students are active and interactive. They help me to transact the content easily. I selected the unit 'Complex numbers and Quadratic equation' for class plus one to my peers. These both section improve my teaching.

    In fourth semester, we were asked to take 15 online class and 15 peer class. The first section was online teaching for school students. I get an opportunity to take class 9C at Marthoma girls high school, Kottarakkara. I selected the units 'Parallel lines' and 'Decimal forms'. Also conduct diagnostic rest and achievement test. The students are active and interactive. They help me to transact the content easily. Students asked doubt and they give immediate responses. This helps me to improve my confidence, teaching and content knowledge.  In the peer teaching section, I selected the unit 'Identities' and 'Polygon' for class 8. The peer teaching was two section- online and offline. There were 10 classes online and 5 classes offline. In this five class i experienced the real teaching. In this classes i can use learning aids such as activity card, chat, models,.... It was a nice experience. 

    From the teaching practice i got not only content knowledge but also technological knowledge. Network issue was the only problem faced in the online teaching practice. Otherwise it was nice and it helps to improve quality of teaching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cognitive map- fourth semester